Saturday 16 February 2013

Retro Waves

Saturday, 15th February 2013                                                                                       


Lana Del Rey Retro Waves



Products used:
  •  Its a 10 Miracle Spray
  •  Hot Tools Professional Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control  You can use a 1-2 inch barrel depending  on the size curls you want. I used a 1 ¼ inch barrel on my model)
  •  Kenra Volume Spray)
  • Kenra Thermal Styling Spray Scunci
  • No Damage Elastics   



 Before I do any hairstyle that I blow-dry or use any thermal tool on, I use a heat protectant. For Mariel’s hair I used the Its A 10 Miracle Spray and sprayed it through all of her hair. But any good heat protectant will work nicely.


Next I parted her hair into six sections. This makes it easier to work through hair, and Mariel’s hair is pretty thick so this made it a lot easier and quicker.


 Next I took a section from the bottom of Mariel’s hair out and sprayed it with the Kenra Styling Thermal Spray.  You can use a styling spray as well, but I used this mainly to have more hold in her thick curls. If you have thin hair your may want to stick with using a styling spray.

Next I grabbed a about a fourth of the section of                hair that I had pulled out (vertically). I wrapped the hair (starting at Mariel’s roots) around the outside of the curling iron, starting from the handle or clamp downward.










To keep a hold on her waves I sprayed her hair lightly with hairspray.







For more hold on your waves you can lightly spray over your hair one more If you want them to be looser you can run your fingers through your waves or use a wide toothed comb to separate them.



And there you have it, a perfect and timeless look that’s easy to recreate. It’s the easiest way to add this breathtaking and enduring look to your wardrobe. It’s perfect to wear out, going to a party or pairing up with your favorite pair of jeans. Try this look on for yourself and see what you think.I am are sure you will love it just as much as I do!

I Got This From: http://www.makeupgeek.com/tutorials/hair-tutorials/hair-tutorial-retro-waves/

No comments:

Post a Comment